"queens crowned in golden-jeweled halos, rule like angels among demons. their eyes shine like ethereal emeralds and stunning sapphires."
Pretty heartbreaking. These beautiful and bright students deserve so much better. Above I included some of the photographs (there’s many more) of Black women who are students there because I think it’s important to point out how racism is not only impacting Whites’ perception of their intelligence but also how White people approach their appearance as well, in gender-specific ways. This is heartbreaking to me albeit not surprising. The myth that working hard = happy payoff is a fairy tale. Racism is ubiquitous.
I really wish them the best with their education and the ability to navigate these microaggressions and overt acts of racism. This stuff increases stereotype threat and impacts mental health and health which impacts performance. I want the best for them. Much love. ❤
i like that we say “oh, man” to express disappointment
because men are disappointing
- 2 Slices of bread
- 2 Slices of cheese
- However much ham (or any other lunchmeat) you want
- 1 Apple
- Butter or margarine, spreadable works best
1. Butter one side of each piece of bread, then flip over so the unbuttered side is facing up. I usually stick the pieces butter-side together so I don’t get any butter on the counter or plate.
2. Put down one slice of cheese onto the unbuttered side of a slice of bread, then add the lunchmeat.
3. Cut the apple vertically, so that you have thin flat slices of apple. I usually cut into it on one side until I reach the core parts, then stop. That leaves the other side of the apple left over so you can use it next time!
4. Place the apple slices on top of the lunchmeat. Make sure they are spread out so they cover the whole slice of bread.
5. Put the other slice of cheese on top of the apple slices.
6. Place a small frying pan on the stove and turn it on to Medium. Let it heat up for about 30 seconds, then put the sandwich butter side down in the pan, placing the other slice of bread on top, butter side up.
7. Check the underside every 20 seconds or so until the bread is browned to your liking, then carefully flip the sandwich to cook the other side. Once it’s fully cooked, remove from the stove and enjoy!
Get creative with which cheeses, meats, and types of apple you use! I love using Pink Lady apples. You can also make this gluten free by using gluten free bread.
the greatest thing you’ll ever learn
is just to love and be loved in return